Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Busy little bee

I’ve been neglecting my blog lately. The move to this new URL has coincided with a particularly busy couple of weeks in my life. Plus, having to switch to a no blogging from work policy has messed up my rhythm to a certain extent. But mostly, I’ve just been busy.

On the work front, I had one employee go out on maternity leave, and a new one start, which has kept work interesting.

And then there’s the personal stuff. My friend Jules and her little boy Malcolm were in town. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with Jules and Malcolm while they were here. I miss Jules a lot now that she’s far away in New Hampshire. And it is so important to me to be a part of my friends’ children’s lives. I went to a barbecue with Jules and Laila and their kids on Saturday. At one point Laila went to get something in the house, and her little boy Noah turned to me when he was feeling a little overwhelmed by all the strangers. It felt so great! I was thrilled that he’s starting to connect to me as an auntie.

On Sunday I hung out with my mom, and then had dinner with my friend and former co-worker Becky. I finally got to see her condo, which is really nice. Well decorated too. And I played with her very cute puppy, Murphy. Then we went and had yummy Pan-Asian food. While we were at dinner we saw two people from work. I almost never see people from work. One was out with her family and one appeared to be on a date. She didn’t want to have anything to do with us.

Monday was supposed to be the day that I ran all the errands that I didn’t get to last week. Instead, I chose to be slug girl and laze around the house reading all day. It was awesome. Definitely the best choice I could have made.

And starting tomorrow, no more blog neglect.

         |