Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, September 27, 2004

Jury Duty. Ugh.

I spent a lovely couple of hours reading the new book by David Sedaris this morning in the jury lounge. And then I got picked for a jury.

Serving on a jury comes very close to being the last thing I ever wanted to do. I don't trust "the system" to be fair in many cases. And yet, I wouldn't want a guilty person to go free. This is not a comfortable place for me to be. We're not supposed to talk about the case until it is over, so no details yet.

And now I get to spend the next few days as juror #11 by day, and Marketing Penguin by night, trying to do some of my job from home. Whoopee.

Oh, and the fleas seem to be back. Seamus got another bath. I've vaccuumed. I've done laundry. I'm not sure what else to do, but I will not be defeated by fleas. Double ugh.

         |