Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Done!

I've been working on this huge project for work. Huge! It was supposed to be done about a week and a half ago, but the more realistic deadline was last Wednesday. And I just couldn't finish it. I kept getting interrupted. And then I started obsessing over getting it perfect, which was ridiculously unproductive.

I lay in bed at night fretting over the fact that the report was overdue and worrying that I wasn’t doing it right. I wrote and rewrote sections and rearranged the order of the copy way too many times. I got behind on other projects and emails and phone calls to friends. And I wasn’t getting any closer to being done.

So yesterday I issued myself an ultimatum: Finish the report and get it in today...no matter what. And I did it! I had to stay at work until 8:45, and I'll probably have to do a second draft, but it is finished. And I am so happy I could do an "I'm done" can-can.

Now on to the 21 other items on my priorities list for this week...but not until tomorrow. :)

         |