Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

I considered going for the ironic, hipster William S. Burroughs-type post “Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal of the last and greatest of human dreams.” Because, as you all know, I’ve got some problems with the way this country is going.

I considered putting together a list of all the reasons I have to be thankful…and there are many.

I considered a list of facts from my day: number of delicious apple pies made by me (1)… number of disputes with my mom about my vegetarianism (1, but minor)…amount of stuffing consumed by me (truly massive)…my dislike for my sister-in-law’s husband (growing)…my enjoyment of my adorable nephew (also growing)…number of ignorant and racist comments uttered by southern Maryland step-relatives (0! For once!)…and so on.

I considered a straightforward summary of my day –- lots of family, lots of driving, but in the end, actually better than I thought it would be. Although, we’re only done with half of the family at this point. We’ve still got John’s mom and my dad to deal with tomorrow, and my dad is quite the wild card.

But in the end, I decided just to say:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope your day was filled with the people you love and good food just like mine.

         |