Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Memo to my body

Listen, body. We need to talk.

There is a 59 year old woman in Georgia who is pregnant with twins. A 59 year old woman who had her tubes tied 33 years ago. Is pregnant. And not after lots of fuss and expensive fertility treatments either. Do you know what her body did? Well, first it staved off menopause. Then her fallopian tubes actually grew back. Grew back! And then, well...sex...and poof! twins.

Now, let's take a look at your behavior, shall we?

I'm healthy. Only 33 years old. Well nourished. I've certainly had plenty of sex. I've been doing all sorts of temperature taking and charting and I've spent a fortune on ovulation predictor kits. I think I've done my part here. And yet, I am not pregnant.

It seems to me that you're not really trying very hard. So here's the deal: You've got about 15 days. I want you to use that time to think about your participation in this project so far, and come back ready to take care of business.

Got it? Good.

         |