Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, December 13, 2004

I have seen my doom

In Huis Clos, Hell is being stuck in a room with no door with a bunch of strangers. You can’t leave, you can’t sleep, you can’t even close your eyes, because you have no eyelids. It always sounded pretty awful

But that is not the Hell that waits for me. No, I caught a glimpse of it today, and now I know how I will be punished for my sins.

I will have to sit in the dentist’s office, so cold that I am shivering, reading a two month old People magazine, suffering from one of those screwdriver-in-the-eye, on-the-verge-of-throwing-up headaches. Half of my face will be numb, and I will have to listen to a truly hideous version of some kid singing “All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.”

And instead of feeling like it is lasting forever, it actually will last forever.

         |