Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Don’t count your quarters before they hatch

I was reading this article online today about how there is a defect with some Wisconsin quarters that makes them worth up to $1,500. I immediately started getting all excited, because I had knew I had three – three! – Wisconsin quarters in my wallet. Yes, I am the dork who looks at her change and says “Oh look, Wisconsin quarters. I haven’t seen that quarter before” to the sales clerk. Who naturally could care less and just wants me to stop going on about the coins and get out of the way.

But I digress. My point is that I was about to come into some easy money. At $1,500 per quarter, I could turn $.75 into $4,500! That’s like a 500,000% return. Awesome! And the timing would be perfect what with us trying to buy a house and all.

The one problem with this beautiful windfall? It turns out I have perfectly ordinary, only worth $.25 quarters. Sigh.

         |