Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I obviously need to work on my patience

As it turns out, my day picked up. The snow stopped, although it is 50 degrees colder out now than it was yesterday. You know what is sad? I am not exaggerating even a little bit in that sentence. It was 70 yesterday and it is 20 degrees out with a wind chill below zero right now. That is fucked up.

My boss took me out to lunch and talked me off the ledge about the huge organizational changes that had me so down. I still have my doubts, but I am trying to be positive.

My coworkers realized they forgot my birthday and made up for it with a hastily purchased – and delicious – chocolate mousse cake and singing.

My brother called to wish me a happy birthday.

My friend Laila called to wish me a happy birthday. She’s trying to arrange spa day for us this weekend. Preferably at a spa that includes Valium in their treatments.

The lovely Becky emailed me with birthday wishes, and plans to go out for lunch or dinner.

Many fine fellow bloggers commented or emailed to say happy birthday.

And my wonderful, wonderful husband bought groceries, picked up takeout (vegetable tempura sushi, yum!) and is walking the dog right now so that I don’t have to go out in the insane cold on my birthday. And as if that wasn’t enough, I got presents too.

And the rest of my evening involves plans to snuggle on the couch with John and Seamus and watch Deadwood. So perhaps I gave up on this birthday a little too early.

         |