Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Questions for the ages

I am so tired tonight. Just completely exhausted, because I woke up at 3:47 am and was up for at least an hour, wishing I could sleep. For your enjoyment, here are just a few of the questions I pondered as lay in my bed, bemoaning my sleepless fate.

Why is my right big toe so incredibly, ridiculously itchy?
Can you develop a raging case of athlete’s toe?
Or is my itchy toe a physical manifestation of my longing for spring? Could my toe be rebelling against shoes and socks and getting itchy to tell me it wants to be in sandals and slides again?
What the hell are the lyrics to that song “just checked in to see what condition my condition was in” about anyway?
Why does my left knee hurt? Is my body completely falling apart as I approach my 34th birthday?
Is that noise the lady downstairs snoring? Or is it the dog snoring?
Am I ever going to get back to sleep? How will I get back to sleep when all I can hear is that noise?
I wonder if lotion would help the toe?
Can I find the lotion without actually getting out of the bed or turning on a light? Ooh, I can.

From here my thoughts got more and more random, so I’ll spare you. Eventually I drifted back off to sleep, thank goodness. Hopefully the whole sleep process will go better tonight.

         |