Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, May 30, 2005

Moved

We’re officially homeowners! And we’ve finally – finally! – gotten all of our crap out of our old place and into the new one. I’m smelly, covered in bruises and scrapes, and completely exhausted…but I’m also so very happy. I love our new house. I love our new neighborhood. I love everything. Except moving. I’m done with that, please.

The last five days have been quite an adventure. The whole closing thing went fine, although I have to admit I was convinced that something was going to go wrong right up until the last minute. I was so relieved that when we were driving home from the settlement, I actually started crying! And then the moving began. All I’ll say about that is this:

1. There may have been an incident involving a U-Haul cargo van getting stuck in the mud. An incident followed by a frantic call to a tow truck guy who said “Where are you? Oh, Blahblah Rd. You tried to drive down behind the apartments there, didn’t you? Yeah, I’ve been there before.” All hail Bill, the tow truck guy, who saved the day.

2. We got movers for the furniture. It was a little weird, because you just sit there and watch them do all the work. It was also awesome, because you just sit there and watch them do all the work! Next time, we’re getting movers for everything.

3. Thank goodness for my family. They make me crazy sometimes, but they really came through for us this weekend. We’d probably still be down at the old place cleaning and hauling stuff out of it if it weren’t for all the help my family gave us over the last few days. I’d be on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and John would probably be ready to run away and live in a cave.

4. If the person who left a message on my voicemail at my new phone number reads this, I’m not ignoring you! I told Verizon I didn’t want voicemail. They set it up anyway. I don’t have the number or the code to check the messages, and Verizon doesn’t provide customer service on the weekends. I’ll get it tomorrow, I promise!

         |