Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Random Bits

From my new, extended daily commute:

• I wish someone would invent a “evap-o-ray” so that I could zap people who insist on sitting in the left lane going 60 mph in a 65 mph zone. I don’t want to kill them or anything. I just want the ability to forcefully get them the fuck out of my way.

• Why is it that so many of the drivers who are jerks seem to be driving Acura MDX’s? I find this highly amusing as someone I used to know who turned out to be a total jerk drives one.

On the celebrity blogger front:

• I recently discovered that one of my favorite writers, Laurie R. King has a blog. I’ll never be as good a writer as she is, but please notice that at least I can pick the same template as she can!

Moby also has an online journal that I enjoy. Of course, by being a famous musician, he automatically has more interesting things to write about than I do. I can almost guarantee that I’ll never be posting about spending an evening in a bar in a Russian hotel partying with the guys from Jackass. Not that I would turn them down if they called me – they look like they know how to have a good time. They just won’t be calling!

News from infertility-world:

• I’m considerably poorer after spending a fortune on Clomid, Follistim and hcg. I’m covered in bruises from all the bloodwork I’ve had done and the joy of learning how to give myself shots (really, not as bad as I thought it would be) and just waiting to see if any of this worked. If it did, great, it was worth every penny and every bruise. I’m not feeling very positive though. I don’t have anything to base my negativity on, but that’s how I’m feeling.

And finally, a wee survey:

• I’m thinking of buying myself a laptop. And I was considering getting a Mac. Does anyone have an opinion on iBook vs. Powerbook? The Powerbooks seem awfully expensive – do I really need one, or can I get by with the iBook? Or should I not get a Mac at all? HP has some pretty decent prices, and our desktop, which I like, is an HP. Please feel free to leave a comment or drop me an email with your opinion.

         |